Friday, January 20, 2012

I like to be here, when I can

January evenings in Bombay - as crisp as it can get
Feel the breeze in my hair as I watch the sun set
The sky turns blue to orange and then a deep red
"Mumbai beats New York", I had once said, and I say it again!
Marine Drive, Central Park or the Big Ben,
Sights and memories to cherish, but then
Bombay is home and as far as I may span,
I like to be here, when I can.
As I walk down the necklace before the sun sets
The children frolic as they run behind their pets
The oldies relax and breathe the fresh air
While taxis await to take them home to the wheel-chair
The lovers love and the loners stare
At the golden path the sun lays on the sea.
As free as a man can possibly be,
I walk down my favorite place in the world.
With each passer-by like a mystery would unfold
I connect the dots of their unrelated lives
Submerged in chaos, ambition, joy and strife.
The city I love, I must leave with only a smile and no grief
While I travel the world fulfilling selfish dreams
Bombay is in my heart and in my mind its set
Like every note and every beat of a song.
One day I'm bound to be back, back to where I belong
I will not tire, and I will not sweat
'Cause the journey home is never too long.
Bombay is home and as far as I may span,
I'd like to be here, when I can.

4 comments:

Romila said...

Oooh! New post and all! Another event too demands a post, no? :)

Nishant said...

not fair. u write poems on Bombay but not call me there. :-\

sudhanshu said...

@Kd: Since when do you need an invitation! Just come!!

Packers movers Mumbai said...

nice.....

Packers movers Pune