Thursday, December 31, 2009

Don't stop me now....cause I'm having a good time!

I like working. Contrary to what i hear in general, I never really get the Monday morning blues, though I do fear the ride to Saki Naka. After the regular late Friday night movie, lazy coffee shop Saturdays and Sunday studies, theater and drama, music etc., I'm generally charged to go to office again on Monday.

Given this backdrop, I never thought I would appreciate the concept of a mandatory two week vacation from office so much. But now that I'm living those two weeks - Don't stop me now....cause I'm having a good time :)

No deadlines to meet, no 2 hrs to travel, no Mumbai heat. I finally traveled for "non-business" purposes in 2009. Vizag and Hyderabad - rediscovered how much I loved teaching.. when I taught my 4th std, 6th std and 12th std cousins maths. Rediscovered the music of the Beatles, Queen, Freddie Mercury's immaculate voice, the joy of singing aloud with friends in a fast moving car - playing the board game of pictionary with so much focus that you forget everything else in the world, losing and winning at games of poker.

Am now about to head out with old friends, together at one place after 6 years - one's broken his neck and the other's been sleepless in some remote place, very much like that Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan movie that you've seen. The location is ditto.
Meg Ryan- I came across a sketch of hers I was gifted, that came with a really clever joke. Goes up on the pin-board over my desk today.

** For people who have not already, please listen to this song called "Don't stop me now" by Queen, its fantastic

5 comments:

kaushik k said...

Im Gonna Go Go Go

Theres No Stopping Me.

:D

It really was a fun 3 days wasnt it? Even though we managed to not do a single thing we planned.

sudhanshu said...

ya..we had an awesome time..nothing as planned except for the food :D
2010 december mein bhi karenge..new place...all of us :D

Savi said...

you guys sound so gay...nice post btw !

kaushik k said...

@Savi: Seriously? _YOU_ are asking that question?

Have you forgotten I lived 50 ft away from you for 2 years?

Anonymous said...

That was "the" song that put Queen as number 1 on my list...